Monday, March 30, 2009

Running

ADIDAS KING OF THE ROAD 21 K 2008 SHAH ALAM

The good old days:

Sadly, since starting with this blog, there's been no posting on races or runs. It's been a barren 3 months. The last race I did was the IOI Race when I ran 5 km and got a voucher for high tea, but did not get around to going 'cos the hotel concern is in PUTRAJAYA. That's right, I have go all the way there for a weekend high tea. On retrospect, I shoulda given it to someone who would have enjoyed it. Oh well.

For this year, I've missed the GE 30 K race, the Melawati run, the Wild Wild run at the Zoo among other smaller races. Next one coming up: Orange Run 11 km on 12th April which is FREE. Am now considering this race to gauge my fitness, but I suspect I'm, going to be disappointed 'cos I've hardly been training hard enough. Even Hash has taken a back seat; My weekend attendance is so intermittent that the subs paid is like giving away $$.

As for last week, absolutely no exercise except the recce on Monday which was a slow walk that took 3 hours. Then zilch as this came up last week:

Graduation at USM Penang on 25th March 2009. Got to Penang 7 pm 24th March, and left at 9 pm 25th March. What a trip.

I've been trying to keep the lack of running in the right perspective. God has given me 10 good running years. I've enjoyed myself with races, winning finisher's medals, the early mornings, the race crowd, the 21 ks and the full marathons. While I wish I could keep on going at the same rate, there's other stuffs to consider too. God has the bigger picture, so I need to trust in Him. He's always delivered. Praise Him!!

(Thank God too for the auto-save device of this program; the loading so slow and the internet keeps triping now and then)

So Orange Run, Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment